To be utterly straightforward, I want more readers. I want more readers for my stories – as well as the articles I usually post on here. So I shall lay out a small piece once a week and see what you make of it. There are three sorts of reasons for asking this:
- your imagination will make my little worlds exist
- your effort in reading them will breathe life into the people there
- my tales will then exist in the space between us
- you will see what I need to develop
- you can hear where my storytelling is working
- you can point out my errors so that I can improve
- Why would you embark on my longer work if you don’t know what my style is like?
- Why would you recommend my work to anyone else (other than kindness) ?
- How could you trust my help unless you knew I had something to offer?
Come into #TheGarret – there’s plenty of room for all.