I had a happy surprise for World Book Day: a mysterious package arrived. Inside were a set of Writing Maps which I had won from Mslexia. They are chock full of writing prompts by Shaun Levin and quirky illustrations by Stephen Longwill. All very encouraging when I am in-between novels.
They came with a postcard featuring a detail from Write Around The House – featuring a Library (and geese). So I had to do it – though I will admit to taking a bit of a liberty.
- Eowyn for valour and sisterhood
- Puddleglum for loyalty and gloomy humour
- Nanny Ogg for honesty and bawdiness
- Venice with Salley Vickers, Donna Leon & Michelle Lovric
- Caverna with Frances Hardinge – though Cheesemaster Grandible’s tunnels might be too much for me
- London with Tom Pollock – I want to see railwraiths and light-veined lamp nymphs – although the glass spiders would give me the chills